We are recruiting for a SONOGRAPHER / ULTRASOUND TECHNICIAN, to be based in Abu Dhabi with our client, who operates a market leading chain of specialist medical clinics across the Middle East.
Kare Plus-MENA are a (Permanent) Staffing Services provider dedicated to sourcing niche skilled and high calibre talent such as Doctors, Nurses, Midwives, Dentists, Pharmacists, and Allied Health Professionals to the Medical and Healthcare sector since 1989. Based in Dubai and with a further 83 offices globally. Supporting the UAE and broader gulf region.
Role: Sonographer / Ultrasound Technician
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Hours: Full Time up to 48 hrs per week, 5 or 6 days
Salary & Benefits: Up to AED 20,000 subject to experience + standard UAE benefits
Summary: To able to view and interpret images with sound waves for the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. You will be responsible for preparing the patient for the examination and selecting the appropriate equipment for to conduct the exam. Performing examinations that yield important diagnostic information. Able to specialise in Fertility, ObeGyne, Abdomen and Breast.
Qualifications & Experience:
- MUST hold a Degree in Medical Imaging / Radiology / Ultrasound / Sonography.
- MUST have 5 yrs experience in a Clinic or Hospital setting.
- Ideally previously from a specialist Fertility / Obe Gyne clinic.
- Able to perform breast, abdomen, ObeGyne scans without radiologist assistance.
- With DOH eligibility or already holding a DOH licence, or a DHA or MOH that can be transferred.
- International experience in other countries would be beneficial
- Any nationality can apply.
- Decide which images to include, looking for differences between healthy and pathological areas.
- Observe screen during scan to ensure that image produced is satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, making adjustments to equipment as required.
- Observe and care for patients throughout examinations to ensure their safety and comfort.
- Provide sonogram and oral or written summary of technical findings to physician for use in medical diagnosis.
- Operate ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of the motion, shape and composition of blood, organs, tissues and bodily masses such as fluid accumulations.
- Select appropriate equipment settings and adjust patient positions to obtain the best sites and angles.
- Obtain and record accurate patient history, including prior test results and information from physical examinations.
- Prepare patient for exam by explaining procedure, transferring them to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning them properly.
- Record and store suitable images, using camera unit connected to the ultrasound equipment.
- Coordinate work with physicians and other health-care team members, including providing assistance during invasive procedures.
- Maintain records that include patient information, sonographs and interpretations, files of correspondence, publications and regulations, and quality assurance records (e.g., pathology, biopsy, post-operative reports).
- Clean, check and maintain sonographic equipment, submitting maintenance requests or performing minor repairs as necessary.
- Perform medical procedures such as administering oxygen, inserting and removing airways, taking vital signs, and giving emergency treatment such as first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Cvs to email@example.com
We thank you for your interest. Kare Plus-MENA act as an employment agency, offering a free and confidential service to its candidates. Can you refer a friend or colleague who has the relevant skills & experience? Contact our team to find out about a generous Bonus payment. Conditions apply.
To apply for this job fill in the form below