We are recruiting for a SPEECH & LANGUAGE THERAPIST to be based in DUBAI, UAE, for a Specialist Child & Adult Mental Health Rehabilitation Clinic that has an experienced team of Psychiatrist, Psychologists, Therapists, Counsellors, Nurses and Dieticians from various nationalities, working together in a Holistic setting, offering the full suite of bespoke care packages aswell as group therapy sessions from their modern and fully equipped clinic.
Kare Plus-MENA are a market leading (Permanent) Staffing Services provider dedicated to sourcing niche skilled and high calibre talent such as Doctors, Nurses, Midwives, Dentists, Pharmacists, and Allied Health Professionals to the Medical and Healthcare sector since 1989. Based in Dubai and with a further 83 offices globally. Supporting the UAE and broader gulf region.
ROLE: Speech & Language Therapist (Western trained / experienced)
LOCATION: Dubai, UAE (Various Clinic locations)
HOURS: Flexible days and hours to suit. Typically 40 hrs over 5 days with some weekend cover
SALARY & BENEFITS: Fixed up to AED 20,000 while client base and patient load is established, then reverts to 50/50 Revenue Share + benefits to be agreed. (Typical earnings in the region of between AED 33,000 and AED 37,000 per month if seeing a full case load of 6 to 8 patients).
SUMMARY: Speech and Language Therapy plays a critical role in literacy development and also in the screening, diagnosis, and treatment of autism spectrum disorders. The SLT is to provide assessment, treatment, and support for children with communication and swallowing difficulties, addressing delays and disorders in expressive / receptive language, speech production, fluency, language, cognition, voice, resonance, feeding, swallowing, and hearing
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- MUST have DHA licence eligibility.
- MUST already be located and resident in Dubai.
- MUST have some already established patient network.
- MUST have at least 3 yrs experience as an S<.
- MUST be native English speaking or bilingual.
- The age range can be typical early intervention, children of school age with Developmental Delays and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Experience in any/all of the following is required: receptive/expressive language disorders (stuttering, apraxia, phonology, auditory processing, reading/writing etc.), eating/swallowing/food aversion, oral motor skills. Experience with adult intervention will be an added advantage.Communicate with patients to evaluate their levels of speech or language difficulty
- Determine the extent of communication problems by having a patient complete basic reading and vocalizing tasks or by giving standardized tests
- Identify treatment options
- Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan
- Teach patients how to make sounds and improve their voices
- Teach alternative communication methods, such as sign language, to patients with little or no speech capability
- Work with patients to improve their ability to read and write correctly
- Work with patients to develop and strengthen the muscles used to swallow
- Counsel patients and families on how to cope with communication disorders
Cvs to email@example.com
Due to the number of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within 14 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We thank you for your interest. Kare Plus-MENA act as an employment agency, offering a free and confidential service to its candidates. Can you refer a friend or colleague who has the relevant skills & experience? Contact our team to find out about a generous Bonus payment. Conditions apply.
To apply for this job fill in the form below